The project, called EPIC, is now under construction at the northwest corner of Sunset Boulevard and Bronson Avenue. Netflix has agreed to occupy all 327,913 square feet of the building, which it will begin occupying in phases starting upon the project's completion in January 2020. The lease concludes in 2031.
Netflix has also signed a coterminous lease extension at the historic Sunset Bronson studios lot across the street, where it already occupies nearly 418,000 square feet of office and production space. Altogether, the company's Hollywood footprint will now be in excess of 700,000 square feet.
Perhaps bolstered by Netflix's insatiable appetite for office space, Hudson Pacific Properties is also in expansion mode at two other properties elsewhere in Hollywood. HPP recently broke ground on a five-story, 128,000-square-foot office building at Sunset Las Palmas Studios, and is planning 467,000 square feet of office and production space at Sunset Gower Studios - a project that could include an 18-story tower.
Deluxe Entertainment has signed a 47,000-square-foot lease at Hollywood 959, an office campus in the Hollywood Media District.
Deluxe will occupy the first and second floors of the complex at 959 Seward Street, which will house editorial and post-production facilities, as well as executive, administrative and support staff. The arrival of Deluxe brings the campus to more than 75 percent occupancy.
Deluxe was represented by Michael Desantis, Eric Olofsson, Scott Menkus, and John Doyle of Cushman & Wakefield, while landlord J.H. Snyder Co. was represented by Micheal Geller, Josh Bernstein, Ben Silver, and Stefan Neumann of First Property Realty Corp.
Hollywood 959 is built upon the former site of Consolidated Film Industries, which shuttered in 2008.
In Downtown Los Angeles, ROW DTLA has announced four new tenants at its 30-acre property at 7th and Alameda Streets. They include:
- Private members club Soho House has leased 16,000 square feet to house an extension of its New York design team. The new office will be located close to the under-construction Soho Warehouse.
- Avery Dennison Retail Branding and Information Solutions has signed a five-year, 3,600-square-foot lease, with occupancy to begin in February 2019.
- Construction management firm Gardiner & Theobald has leased 7,100 square feet of office space, relocating from its home of 12 years in Beverly Hills. The new location was chosen due to its proximity to a number of large-scale projects in the Arts District and the larger Downtown area.
- The Manufactory has signed a 42,000-square-foot lease which will include a market, bakery, cafe, restaurant, and coffee lab. Approximately 3,500 square feet of the lease will be used as administrative office space.
- This Week in Leases Archive (Urbanize LA)